Monday 9 May 2011

Rat gets Classy!

You may have seen this doing the rounds this year at shows such as Ultimate Dubs, and ever since we first saw it posted on Cleaned-UK we just loved the originality of the car and how well the look has been executed. We spoke to owner Dale Masterman and in line with our new feature style, we are pleased to bring you the story behind this sweet Beetle.

So Dale, how did your ownership of the car come about?
I bought the car after seeing the ad for it the night before. I drove from Leicester to Bristol for it. As soon as I saw the limited edition Alaskan Green I just had to have it.

Can’t fault you there, it is a lovely colour! What look are you going for and where did you get the inspiration from?
The look I wanted to achieve was a mix of CAL and Hot Rod. The inspiration came from spotting the 18" Empi style wheels on the internet. They just got my brain thinking of a tough looking ‘girls’ car with modern takes on a retro style.
Achieved the look perfectly so far, and very original, we like that. What would you say is your favourite mod on the bug?
My favourite mod is the orange arrow tipped pinstripe. The orange goes really well with the green and it's a subtle feature that gets people talking.
Can’t argue with that, the pinstripe is a lovely touch! Any future plans for the car in mind?
Well, not sure about that one. Happy with the car so far but I always keep my eyes open at shows for new ideas and inspiration.

What shows can we see you and the Beetle at this year?
So far I've been to Ultimate Dubs , early Edition and Stanford Hall. I think GTI international (25/26 June) and Edition (September 2nd - 4th) are my next two marked on the calendar.
Very cool, will be sure to keep an eye out for you then and any new additions to the car!
Finally any people, or clubs you want to make a shout out or thank you to who may have helped the car get to where it is today?
Big thanks to my Dad , Neil 'the vision' Masterman! Without him pushing me I’d have a silver polo or something you see all over the shows. My girlfriend Amy who has been dragged to many shows and many early starts.
All my boys at Dubclique (www.dubclique.net ) especially Shaun my Bro, Dan Young and Danny Robinson. Cheers boys see you at the BBQ. Also, Sam Travis for the sick pics of my Beetle (http://travisphotography.co.uk)

Thanks for sparing the time to speak to us Dale, keep up the good work and we’ll see you around at the shows this year.
Dale’s Beetle, most definitely, BALLA-Approved.

Full Spec list;
Engine: 1.6 Petrol
Chassis: 18” EMPI Alloys – Rusted with Verometal paint. 225/40 Falken on the front and 235/40 Falken on the rear for the Old Skool look.
Coilovers.
Exterior: Smoothed front end, red reverse light on the rear, black/chrome badges, orange pinstripe along both doors.
Interior: Standard winter pack interior.

No comments:

Post a Comment